Thursday, March 5, 2015

A Victim, Victimized!

Can I un-see
What I already saw?

Can I un-feel
What I already felt?

Can I un-fear
The fear that's already within me now?

Can I feel unashamed
Because it wasn't my fault.

Can I feel loved again
Like I've deserved to be felt always?

Can I feel un-talked about
It's really my private hell

Can I un-cringe anymore
At the very act of all men?

Can I ever feel un-deafeated
Like I felt before?

Can I un-weep
At my brutal past?

Can I un-taint my skin
Free of scars and strife?

Can I un-cage my soul
To let it soar like it used to?

Can I un-shatter
These broken pieces of my life?

Can I un-hear
These judgmental voice around me?

CanI feel un-vulnerable
And trust again?

Can I feel un-destroyed
Go back to being the strong-me?

Can I feel un-guilty
It wasn't my lapse in judgment

Can I feel un-robbed
Of a real relationship?

 But before I answer all these questions ....

Can you un-notice me
I'm not your private property

Can you un-touch me
The gruesome way you did?

Can you undo everything,
Everything?

Can you be a 'real man'?
Because I wasn't 'asking for it'!

Can you stand up for my cause? 
Because it is not my battle alone now! 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so aptly worded
Would b every Nirbhaya"s thoughts heart wrenching emotions.... wonderful Gayu.Wish if guys and the ppl who made this so called sic awaareness documentary underwent the same with their loved ones..would they even dare???????

Cookiespaws said...

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment :)
I can't believe that in a country like our's which is supposed to be a democratic nation, we are banning things left right and center. We'd rather spend time behind such trivial issues than the larger ones at hand; something that will help the progress of this nation! Mindsets need to change ... there is no point in going back and forth over who did what.