Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Worthless!


Worthless like fallen Christmas trees;
Worthless as winter's withered seeds;
Worthless in your trusting eyes;
Worthless because you thought I didn't try.


Worthless because I can never be who you want me to be;
Worthless as your expectations loom large over me;
Worthless because you'll never be happy with anything I do;
Worthless because it's always the same story and that's my rue.


Your words hang like a noose around my neck,
Choking me, strangling me and I wish I'd break!
Your demands for a perfect me, by far outdo what I really see.
"I told you so", rings in my ears constantly.


"You're not good enough", "you're doing this wrong", 
"You're lazy" ...  now, are the eternal songs.
Unsure of myself at every step ...
 I try to hold back and keep a check.


I wait for some kind words and songs of praise;
Hoping someday ... I can meet your gaze.
I hope I wont be inconsequential and trivial anymore,
My falling self esteem will be a thing of the lore! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

..well said, Cookies!
Pankaj

Cookiespaws said...

Thanks PJ! happens to the best of us :)

Bhaskar said...

why write a blog and say u are useless,
goahead and prove it ma.

Cookiespaws said...

I don't always write about myself!

Madhhurima said...

My sentiments, exactly (to someone close). No, can't just let go of this person - neither a romantic bond nor just another friend. Just tune out the barbs now, atleast when possible.

Cookiespaws said...

@Madhu: true that ! :)